Honey In Memoriam

March 17, 2018 by jim-lakey

Jim Lakey Rev. Jim jim-lakey Lakey

Honey In Memoriam

With sadness and love we share the news that our dear Honey died this week on March 14th. This past year, in the Autumn, Honey lost one eye to cancer. She developed lung cancer which was very recently diagnosed and spent her final days enjoying the out-of-doors with Coco, and sleeping in-doors with Melissa’s loving care through the nights. It feels such a great loss. Honey’s comforting, accepting, loyal, sweet way will be missed. What an incredible blessing her life has been to so many over the years at the Center!

Tenshin, Melissa, and Dylan were with Honey when she took her last breath. Tenshin held her paw and they all chanted. Melissa said that she went very gently and loved life until the very last second. After she passed, Dylan and Melissa looked up and saw a huge cloud in the sky that looked like a dog with its snout lifted to the heavens. We will include Honey in the service dedication on Sunday. Please join us if you can.

With Love, Yushin

Comments

• Amir:

17 Mar 2018 14:17:48

I’m sorry to hear this. When I spent a few days there both Honey and Coco hung out with me on the grounds making sure I was safe. I felt a very strong bond. Sweet friends.

• Clive Fletcher:

17 Mar 2018 14:20:46

I am so very sorry for your loss. May Honey go well to her next rebirth. I will bring her into my Metta Bhavana.

• Michele Knight:

17 Mar 2018 14:45:49

I didn’t get a chance to meet Honey, but my husband and I are dog livers. We have 7 of those beautiful creatures. We too have lost a dear friend on the 12th of March. Her name is Sensi, she was our 20year old cat whom we comforted until her last breath. On a lighter note I have gathered a few of my close friends (8 of us) to participate the beginner’s class on the 25th of March. I will call on Friday, March 23rd to confirm. My heart goes to all who grieves over honey and may you all find ways to celebrate her beautiful soul.
    Namaste

• Jim:

17 Mar 2018 16:02:57

Such pain having to mourn the loss of a being that is such a giver of unconditional love

• Sumi Ryoko:

17 Mar 2018 16:20:21

Ah so sad..so many tears.. Honey was such a living spirit..bearing challenges with such grace.

Sorry I did not know when I called this week.
    I will chant for her here in mountains of Colorado …

• Terry & Penny Braund:

17 Mar 2018 18:20:22

A very lovely tribute. We both will surely miss Honey and the Joy she brought to us over the years.

Run pain free with joy now sweet Honey.

• Cynthia:

17 Mar 2018 18:55:10

It is difficult to lose a noble and sweet companion. I am glad you were with her during her last moments. <3 My condolences.

• Bill Hartman:

22 Mar 2018 00:02:00

A Monastery Dog is a member of the community! Sits and walks the grounds in mindful practice each and every day! Her being will long be a spirit that moves thru the house! Namaste!

• Mokuin:

06 Apr 2018 04:41:16

Such sad news – Honey’s playful gentleness was such an inspiration. She will be greatly missed by everyone. Sincere condolences

• alston:

14 Apr 2018 08:47:30

sad sad sad. my heart is full of dogs.